The programme offers grants of up to £5,000 for faith-based organisations to engage in social action, either for initiating or developing community work.
The activity should meet the following primary criteria:
- It must be directly tackling poverty. We favour activities that are working directly with people in need.
- The lead applicant must be faith-based.
- Applicants need to be working in partnership with at least one other organisation. These do not need to be faith-based.
- The activity must have a local focus, being based locally with community involvement in identifying needs, initiating responses and running the project.
Our Grant criteria and Guidance notes explain the full criteria in detail, as well as what we won’t fund and what we prioritise.
HOW TO APPLY
The application procedure is simple. If you have any questions, please contact your Local Link Officer or email CUF Funding.
- Make sure your project fits the criteria in our Grant Criteria and Guidance notes and read through our Grants Management Process and Grants FAQs.
- Next, contact your Local Link Officer. They can offer guidance and support as well as provide an application form.
- Complete and return your application (with a budget outline and your latest accounts) to your Link Officer for their endorsement.
- The Link officer will forward your application to CUF for final assessment.
- You may be asked to provide further information, usually by email.
CUF aims to give you a decision within one month of receiving the proposal. Making sure you include all relevant details and documents will avoid any delays.